Booking Terms & Conditions
Your agreement is with Plas Gwyn Caravan & Camping Park and references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ in these terms and conditions are to Plas Gwyn Caravan & Camping Park. References to ‘you’ in these terms and conditions are to you, as the person making this booking and, where applicable, to every member of your party.
These terms and conditions will be incorporated into your booking when we have received full or part payment from you. We are unable to accept bookings from anyone under the age of 18.
- Our service to youWe do all that we can to ensure you enjoy your holiday. However, occasionally, problems occur and if they do or you have any concerns about your holiday when staying with us please tell the Park Reception immediately and we will respond to you as soon as possible. We will not be responsible for any matter which you knew about during your stay but did not tell us about during your stay. If any matter is not resolved during your stay you must notify us in writing of this as soon as possible (and in any event within 21 days of the end of your holiday) as otherwise we will not be able to consider the matter further.
- Cancellation by youShould you need to cancel your booking you must advise us by telephone and then confirm this cancellation in writing to us by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference number. Your cancellation will only be effective as at the date we receive your written confirmation. Our cancellation charges are those detailed below:Period before arrival date:
|More than 30 days
||Loss of deposit
|30 – 22 days
|21 – 15 days
|14 – 8 days
|7 days or under
If you need to cut short your holiday after it has commenced, we regret that we are unable to refund any monies paid.
- Cancellation or changes by usIn exceptional circumstances, we may have to cancel or change some aspects of your booking. If we do so, we will tell you as soon as possible prior to your holiday date and you may choose to either:a) Accept the changes offered by us
b) Receive a full refundWe do not pay compensation in circumstances where we have to cancel your booking including those arising from Force Majeure. Force Majeure means circumstances beyond our control including (but not limited to) industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, bad weather and acts of government.
- Paying for your holidayA payment of not less than 20% is required as a non-returnable deposit at the time of booking. Any balance due shall be paid upon arrival. We reserve the right to pass on any costs or bank charges we incur if we have to resubmit a cheque for payment or a cheque is declined for non-payment. There is no charge for debit/credit card payments.
- PricesAll prices are current at the time of printing and we guarantee that the price of your holiday will be as agreed and shown on your holiday booking confirmation. However we reserve the right to alter or amend our brochure prices so long as we notify you of any difference before you book. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate at the time of payment.
- Special offers and discountsDiscounts and special offers may be made in conjunction with our brochure prices. All discounts and special offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without prior notice. Special offers cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and will only be honoured if mentioned at the time of booking. The price confirmed at the time of booking is the price you will pay, discounts cannot be applied retrospectively. Only one offer per booking.
- Arrival and departure timesCheck-in will be open from 1pm for Touring/Camping and 2.30pm for a Holiday Homes on your date of arrival. If you believe you may arrive after 7pm on your date of arrival then you must inform us. If you do not inform us and/or your intended pitch/holiday home is not occupied by 9am on the day after your arrival date we will treat your booking as cancelled and re-let the pitch/holiday home to another customer. No refund will be paid in such instance. You are required to depart your holiday home by 10.30am and Touring/Camping pitch by 11.30am on your departure date, unless arranged otherwise.
- Standard of behaviour on our parksNoisy, offensive or inappropriate behaviour or actions likely to cause harm to any other guest, members of our staff or anyone’s property at the park will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to refuse entry to and/or eject any person who, in the reasonable opinion of the management of the park, does not comply with these standards of behaviour. No refunds will be issued in these circumstances. If, in the reasonable opinion of the management of the park, we believe that you or a member of your party may not comply with the above, on entry to the park, we reserve the right to refuse entry or not to hand over accommodation to any person or groups of persons at our discretion. In such cases a full refund will be issued to the lead name on the booking. All children must be properly supervised by parents or guardians throughout your holiday.
- Number of your partyThe total number in your party (including children and babies) must not exceed the maximum capacity of the holiday home as advertised. In most cases this will be no more than four or six depending on the size of the caravan concerned. In the event that these numbers are exceeded, we reserve the right to exclude or refuse entry to any or all members of your party from the park. Where half or more of the party is aged between 17 and 25, you must tell us when you book. We have the right to refuse your booking or cancel after bookings have been checked and/or we reserve the right to refuse entry or not to hand over accommodation to any person or groups of persons at our discretion.
- Single sex partiesWe do not normally accept bookings from large ‘all male’ or ‘all female’ parties and have the right to cancel any online booking that breaches our terms upon checking before the holiday arrival date and/or we reserve the right to refuse entry or not to hand over accommodation to any person or groups of persons at our discretion.
- AllergiesIf any member of your party has an allergy to pets we would strongly recommend that you do not book accommodation which accepts pets. We cannot guarantee that pets have never occupied any of our accommodation.
- Smoking policyIt is illegal to smoke inside enclosed publics spaces. Smoking is also forbidden in all of our holiday accommodation; however we cannot guarantee that any accommodation has been smoke free.
- PetsMost dogs are welcome at our park and in holiday homes. Some breeds of dog including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 are not allowed. Please provide us with the details of the breed of your dog when you book with us. Other pets may be permitted please check when booking. Assistance dogs for disabled guests are exempt from these requirements and charges. Pets must be kept under control at all times and on a lead at busy times and you must clean up after your pet immediately. Pets (other than assistance dogs) are not allowed in any of our park facilities. Pets should not be left unattended in holiday homes or elsewhere on the park and must not be allowed on bedding or seating. If we reasonably believe your pet is causing a nuisance on the park or causing damage to the holiday home you will be required to remove it from the park and/or we reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Special requestsPlease note that we will do our best to meet any special requests; however we are unable to guarantee any special requests. Please note special requests do not form part of the booking contract and are not a condition of booking.
- Use of your holiday homeYou are required to take good care of your holiday home whilst you occupy it. At the end of your holiday you must leave your holiday accommodation thoroughly cleaned and tidy and free of all rubbish which must have been placed in the bins on the park. We will take legal action to recover the cost of damage sustained during your occupation and any additional cleaning charges we incur in respect of your failure to comply. We reserve the right to enter your accommodation, at any reasonable time during your stay, in order to inspect the condition of the accommodation or without notice in the event of emergency. We do not accept any responsibility for the theft or loss of your personal possessions whilst on our park or whilst you are in your holiday home and you should take appropriate security measures to ensure against theft and or loss.
- Your carYou should comply with speed limits, parking and other traffic regulations on our park. All vehicles are brought onto the holiday park at their owners risk and we do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to these except where it is caused by our negligence or fault.
- Marketing accuracyWhilst every care is taken to ensure that the details in the brochure and on our website are correct at the time of being published, the photographic images shown are for illustration purposes only and the details may be subject to alteration. The photography within the brochure and website is to be used as a guide and some might not be of the park itself.
- TV filming and photographyWe undertake our own promotional filming & photography. Every effort is made to ensure filming does not intrude and that it is clear to guests that filming/photography is taking place. We will not accept responsibility if, contrary to your wishes, you appear on film or in photographs and we are unable to make any financial award or payment of any kind.
- Caravan and campingMaximum pitch size on our park is 6m x 6m including guide ropes/pegs.
How to contact us
If you need to contact us about your holiday or in connection with these terms and conditions please call us on 01286 672 619 or email us at email@example.com or write to:
Plas Gwyn Caravan & Camping Park